Monday 16 February 2015

No Pain No Gain?....Go Hard or Go Home?


We have all heard the phases 'no pain no gain' and 'go hard or go home' banded around, and to be honest these have to be my least favourite quotes within the fitness industry.

When I hear the word pain it doesn't encourage me to do that activity if it's going to cause me pain. If you are new to exercise or overweight, then nothing is more likely to put you off exercise than pain.

Pain isn't there for no reason. It is there to indicate that there's something wrong.

I not talking about a bit of a 'burn' after doing 20 press ups, 20 squats, 20 sit ups etc. I mean that 'OW, thats about to snap / feels unnaturally tight / feels like I'm being stabbed,' type pain. All of which indicate an actual problem and that you should stop.

We all know what happens if we don't stop, we get injured and then you don't get to do any exercise at all and have to spend ages getting better, which will probably kill your motivation and lead you to eat more.

So...don't ignore pain pain. Lactic acid and muscle soreness is fine, sharp stabbing pain is not!

At PB Fitness I don't believe in eliciting pain; in fact I consider breaking people with inappropriate exercises to be dumb training. Nor do I believe in making people struggle to get results that they want.

Because just like you, I want you to enjoy feeling fit and working out!

I want you to have a laugh whilst exercising!

I want you to enjoy your food and find it easier to stay in shape!

Whilst 'go hard or go home' is helpful for some, if you train by beasting yourself in to the ground every time then this is a fast track way to burning out, getting injured, getting sick or giving up!

You need to be smarter when you train and leave a bit left in the tank. This way you will be able to get some more great work done tomorrow, instead of not being able to walk down the stairs or sit down without screaming in pain!

January and February are primetime for overtraining with people starting their new year resolution and going to hard to soon, wanting to see instant results and this is one of the biggest reasons why most resolutions end prematurely.  However, unfortunately it takes time to build up a programme affectively.

Don't let your fitness journey end this way. Train smart, train hard and leave a little bit in the tank, ready to kick butt the next day.
At PB Fitness I will do absolutely everything we can to make sure that the experience my clients have is as enjoyable as possible. This is both from a training and nutritional perspective. If it is a programme that you need then check out my Personal Training Packages

As well as this I now offer soft tissue massage that will help you stay on top of any niggles you might have >>>CLICK HERE<<< for more information.

Many thanks for reading

Pete

No comments:

Post a Comment